Wednesday 24 December 2008

It's That Time Of Year...

There's relatives in the house, food being cooked, and every one is stressed out. It's definitely Christmas. But you already knew that. So to cut a long story short, I going to post two of my favourite Christmas songs. One's old, one's new, but both are excellent.

Johnny Mercer and Margaret Whiting - Baby, It's Cold Outside

I don't know what it is about this song, but it's almost certainly my favourite Christmas song. There's something about the overlapping vocals, the playfulness of the lyrics, it's just all lovely.

Glam Chops - Countdown to Christmas

Released only this year, Eddie Argos' new glam rock outfit have made a perfect Christmas song. They clearly love the season, but aren't overdoing the sentiment, it's fun, it's funny and it's glam rock. What more could you want?

So all that leaves me to say is Merry Christmas, enjoy yourselves, and don't drink too much kids. That's New Years Eve.

PS. There's been a mistake! Where I got the first track from, it was listed as being sung by Bing Crosby and Doris Day (and the file itself says that). Apparently it's a common misconception. Since the original release, a lot of people have mistaken the reording for Bing Crosby and Doris Day, but it's actually these two lesser known singers. Sorry!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhm. The first one says its "Doris Day & Bing Crosby"?

2plus2isjoe said...

Ah damn, sorry about that, where I got the track from it was listed as that, but apparently it's a common misconception. Since the original release, a lot of people have mistaken the reording for Bing Crosby and Doris Day, but it's actually these two lesser known singers. I can't change it now so I'll make sure people know on the post itself.

Cheers for pointing it out,and hope you like the track anyway,
Joe

Hanan said...

this and "White Christmas" are my two favourte Christmas songs ever.

I love the Zooey Deschanel version from ELF.

2plus2isjoe said...

The Zooey Deschanel version's beautiful too (and such a good film!) and the guy she's singing with,Leon Rathbone, has the coolest voice ever!

Hanan said...

agreed.