Tuesday 6 January 2009

This'll Attract The (Karma) Police

I bloody love mash ups. I think there's a certain amount of artistry in finding that perfect combination of two songs that shouldn't work together. From Shaggy and the Beatles to Motorhead and Gorillaz, I'll always appreciate a good combination. Now, if you don't know, I adore Radiohead. They're my favourite band, and I love everything they've ever done. Hell, the sound of Jonny Greenwood licking his guitar whilst Thom wails in a corner would be received well by me.

So today I found out there's an ENTIRE ALBUM of Radiohead mash ups with Jay Z. I think the group behind this are called Minty Fresh Beats (who I immediately love), and frankly it's incredible. It's all so perfect, and a whole album is just the greatest late Christmas gift I could've got. I'll put up a couple of tracks here, but you can get the whole album from jaydiohead.com (and I'd suggest doing it quickly before legal proceedings ensue, a la The Grey Album). Go!

Jaydiohead - 99 Anthems
Jaydiohead - Dirt Off Your Android

3 comments:

Hanan said...

Radiohead is your favourite band? you are so very British. hahah no, I kid, I kid, I love Radiohead too, but they're not as good as my favourite, the Strokes

by the way, I am currently addicted to Hockey. thank you so much for exposing me to them. I've added you to my blog roll.

2plus2isjoe said...

Thanks a lot Hanan, I'm glad you're enjoying what you hear :)

Hanan said...

keep up the good work =)