Thursday 17 July 2008

Is This The End?

I don't know about you guys, but music for the Apocalypse is something that's constantly foremost in my thoughts. What with constant news warnings about climate change, nuclear proliferation and the rise in popularity of Philadelphia cream cheese (which is disgusting in case you don't know), I'm constantly thinking of songs that could be used to play out the final moments of my life.

For instance, if I was at some kind of crazy end of the world party, I'd choose The Presets' "My People" (Coincedentally, from their album "Apocalypso"). It could be the fact that it sounds like a flourescent marching song, it could be that the vocals are repeated in a deep, menacing tone, or it could just be the dark sense of foreboding that hangs over the whole thing, but this strikes me as a perfect way to end the world in style.
The Presets - My People [YSI]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmhmm AND it would remind us of Australia! What better thoughts to have when you reach the end? x

Jam Sponge said...

Check out No Cities Left by The Dears, it's wonderfully apocalyptic.

2plus2isjoe said...

Cheers Matt, will do :)