Friday 3 October 2008

Shamelessly Stolen

Now just to preface this post, I had no part in finding this band, but whilst reading the wonderful 100b blog recently, they featured the one and only track from new London five-piece La Shark. and, just like them, I know next to nothing about them (I'm not even sure the picture is of them, but it's from their Myspace page). Their song Bones is really worth posting about again. The quality of the recording is questionable, but the overlapping vocals and squeals of "I don't know what to do!" always beguile me as soon as I hear them. They seem to possess some of that rare endearing weirdness of The Coral at their best, and with the instrumentation seeming to act as a perfect frame for the vocals, I'm sure it'll stay in rotation on my iPod for quite some time.

La Shark - Bones

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shoutout! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who could find nothing about the band. I was starting to seriously doubt my, ahem, googling skills. I really hope the rest of their music is somewhat in the same vein as "La Shark". It's the bee's knees. Cool blog!

2plus2isjoe said...

Nah, they really seem to be enigmas! The song is incredible though, thanks so much for putting it up guys, and let me know if they release anything and I don't notice it :)