Friday 7 November 2008

ExcellentBooks!

The same friend who helped me discover Jenny Lewis (see last post), reminded me of another band who I really fell in love with, despite never hearing a whole lot of their stuff. Kent's GoodBooks make wonderfully swirling, soaring songs, peppered with electronic effects and tasty, tasty reverb.

I first heard their song Leni on XFM (London's best music station - fact) and, despite needing to get to the bus in the morning, I had to stay until the end to find out who was making this amazing noise. Now, having been reminded of just how much I loved this song (and their most successful single, Passchendaele), I'm going to go and hunt down their debut album, Control. Take a listen and see if you agree with me!

GoodBooks - Leni

2 comments:

JaneInMA said...

Wow you are only finding Goodbooks now? I love this band. Did you find control - let me know if you didn't
Janeinma@removethis@gmail.com
Warning though! they get under your skin until you can't stop listening to them

2plus2isjoe said...

Haha, well i heard them ages ago, and then completely forgot about them. Haven't got the money to buy Control at the moment, but it's a definate purchase when I do!

Cheers for commenting :)