Wednesday 19 November 2008

I'm Satisfied

I don't know why I haven't blogged about him fully yet (apart from my Reading Review), and I don't know why no-one else has blogged about him much yet, but Esser is just amazing. Eschewing many instruments in favour of samples and with the yearning vocals of a forlorn madman, every song is noticably his, but none of them are the same.

I have a really, really bad memory, so the fact that every time I hear a new song by him I remember it from watching them in Reading this summer is really quite something. I actually bumped into him at a club in Newcastle (after I missed his gig that night - annoying to say the least) and he seemed like a nice enough guy. Well, I say nice enough, he was absolutely hammered and started dancing with one of my friends. So that has only improved my opinion of him.

Listen to the samba-whirlwind of "Satisfied" and then investigate him further, he'll put his songs in your head, and then they'll never go away. In a good way, I promise.

Esser - Satisfied

2 comments:

JaneInMA said...

He is released on transgressive who have excellent music taste. I tend to look into anyone they sign as I trust them so much. The absolute opposite from the normal record company crap.

2plus2isjoe said...

I just looked at Transgressive's website, and I knew they were good, but never realised just how awesome they actually are!

Esser, Young Knives, Regina Spektor, Burningpilot, Johnny Flynn, Jeremy Warmsley, Battle, GoodBooks.

They're amazing!