Thursday 13 November 2008

Music From A Green Window - Lawbreaker

Well wouldn't you know it, even I've been tracked down and censored. I got a lovely little message in my inbox telling me that my 3rd (and final) post about Reading this year had been removed as I've been infringing copyright. Now to be honest, I don't think many people read this, and I really only keep it up because it's cathartic, and the fact that I know there must be a few people who are interested in my views.

The fact this has happened won't stop me blogging, as I think it truly is the future of music promotion (despite my late jump on the bandwagon) and I personally think I'm doing the artists a service. It's happened to a lot of great blogs, including one of my personal faves, Dirty Sexy Music, and I personally think it's ridiculous. Any music blog will post mp3s, and any reputable blog will have a disclaimer saying that they're for sampling purposes. Mine certainly are, I want music to continue being made, and frankly major labels don't generally produce good music anymore, so the word has to get out about lesser-known bands somehow. What better way than the personal opinions of thousands of music lovers?

Ah well, on with the show.

Mumford & Sons - Hold On To What You Believe

2 comments:

Thomas said...

THE SHOW WILL GO ON!!!! Hopefully it's only to scare us and won't go on for too long.

Hanan said...

honestly. well stated, mate.