Tuesday 4 November 2008

Jenny Is A (New) Friend Of Mine

You know when you hear about an artist, hear how great they are, how you should listen to them, and you never actually do? And then you hear it and kick yourself for ignoring them for so long. Yep, it's happened to me again with Jenny Lewis.

It took actually being handed a CD with a couple of her songs on it to get me to listen, but listen I did and love it I did even more. Jack Killed Mom is a brilliant build-up song, bluesy to begin with, with a very direct story (which is always nice and compelling) before exploding into a gospel anthem in the last minute or so. I can't help but be reminded of the church scene in Blues Brothers, which will never, ever fail to bring a smile to my face anyway.

Now listen and don't make my mistake!

Jenny Lewis - Jack Killed Mom

No comments: