Sunday 14 September 2008

Why?

This is only a little thing, but I want to get it off my chest. As much as I enjoyed the older music of Mr. West, I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can like "Love Lockdown". It's repetitive, his lyrics aren't up to their usual standard, and frankly his singing voice isn't a patch on his usual drawl. I'm not going to post it, but if you must listen, go on The Hype Machine, there are several thousand links, you won't miss it. Here's some proper hip-hop from a brilliant producer and a bearded poet. Maybe Kanye could follow suit. Please?

Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip - Fixed (Demo)

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Definately agree! Although quite a few of the blogs I'v read have posted the song and slated it saying his performance of it at the VMAs was so much better. This article on Hipster Runoff I read could explain why everyoe posts about artists like Kanye.

http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2008/09/yall-whats-future-of-music-journalism.html

2plus2isjoe said...

It's definitely an interesting idea, and I agree with it generally, although he might be a little too negative about the whole thing in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, with you on Dan Le Sac, he's excellent!

Mr. West should be leaving Hype Machine soon, hopefully :)